Race Rules & Regulations
Our Rules & Regs
By registering for any Suva Marathon Club event, the Participant has agreed to fully accept and shall comply to the Rules & Regulations.
Definition: “the event/race” = Any distance running event or race organised by Suva Marathon Club.
NAMOSI MARATHON - Race Rules & Regulations
- The event is run under IAAF rules.
- Entry fees are generally non-refundable and non-transferable; except at the discretion of the race organisers.
- You may not give or sell your race number to anyone else.
- You may not transfer your entry fee to an alternative event.
- The sale, swapping or bartering of Race Entries or Race Numbers is strictly forbidden.
- Minimum ages for participation apply as follows:
- Marathon – 18 years
- Half Marathon – 16 years
- 10K trail run – 16 years
- You must be in good health and physically prepared to take on the challenge of a long distance running event.
- You may be asked show photo ID to receive your Marathon race number and timing chip at the race number collection.
- You are required to wear an official race number on the front of your singlet / shirt to participate in the event.
- Participation in the event and/or wearing of an race number will be deemed as full acceptance of the Physical Activity Readiness Waiver/Participant Waiver terms and conditions.
- No un-official vehicles, bikes, in-line skates, or skateboards will be allowed on the course.
- No non-competitors (children, partner etc) allowed to enter the course or cross the finish line with you. Failure to comply may lead to disqualification.
- Animals, whether on a lead or not, are not allowed on the course (with the exception of guide dogs).
- Personal Trainers, mentors or coaches will not be allowed on the course unless they are entered in the event and wearing an official Race Number.
- Competitors are obliged to follow the instructions of Marshalls, Race officials or the Police/Emergency Services/First Responders at all times.
- Competitors must start at the official start Line and complete the full officially measured course.
- Competitors must start the event at an officially sanctioned start time only.
- It is the responsibility of the competitor to familiarise themselves with the event rules and any directions as may be published by the Suva Marathon Club
- Failure to comply with any of the rules may lead to disqualification and/or exclusion from future Suva Marathon Club events.
IAAF ATHLETICS INTEGRITY UNIT
“THE IAAF ATHLETICS INTEGRITY UNIT WILL SUPPORT ATHLETES IN MAKING THE RIGHT DECISIONS AND CHOICES THROUGHOUT YOUR CAREERS. IT WILL HELP EACH OF YOU TO KNOW THE RULES, GAIN KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE AND SHARE THAT KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE WITH CONFIDENCE.”
SEBASTIAN COE, WORLD ATHLETICS PRESIDENt
- Approved : March 5, 2016
- Revision #1 : 8 November 2018
- Revision #2 : 12 November 2019
- Revision #3 : 7 March 2020
- Approved by SMC Management Board, 7 March 2020